The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default 3M to Acquire Ross Reels USA/Ross Worldwide Outdoors

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: 3M to Acquire Ross Reels USA/Ross Worldwide Outdoors
Old 10-07-2010, 02:12 PM

goldentrout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3M to Acquire Ross Reels USA/Ross Worldwide Outdoors

One has to wonder what kind of changes will be made to the Ross product line. I sure hope quality doesn't suffer from re-organization. I have never been too enamored by SA products except the Mastery flylines. At any rate, Ross will lose at least some of it's charm being a part of a big conglomerate. But then again maybe they will decide to bring back the really nice reels that Ross has discontinued. Like the Gunnison or Canyon Big Game........Just some random thoughts.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 PM

oregonsteel has a spectacular aura aboutoregonsteel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 3M to Acquire Ross Reels USA/Ross Worldwide Outdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentrout View Post
One has to wonder what kind of changes will be made to the Ross product line. I sure hope quality doesn't suffer from re-organization. I have never been too enamored by SA products except the Mastery flylines. At any rate, Ross will lose at least some of it's charm being a part of a big conglomerate. But then again maybe they will decide to bring back the really nice reels that Ross has discontinued. Like the Gunnison or Canyon Big Game........Just some random thoughts.

I take it you have never seen a SA fly rod at walmart. Those are DA BOMB!! I think they are the same blanks as the NRX