The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   News & articles for discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/)
-   -   Talented fly tier turns thief (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/72743-talented-fly-tier-turns-thief.html)

Editor 11-18-2010 05:16 AM

Talented fly tier turns thief

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Talented fly tier turns thief

MoscaPescador 11-18-2010 10:11 AM

Re: Talented fly tier turns thief

That is a fly tyer who is really passionate about his work.

True story. At the shop, there is a stuffed Whiting rooster. It is there to show where different hackles come from. The feathers on it are beautiful. We noticed people plucking feathers off of it. So we put a glass case over it. People still plucked feathers from it. Finally the rooster was placed on a high shelf. Problem solved.

MP

mcnerney 11-18-2010 11:56 AM

Sad to see a young kid ruin his life like that!

Larry

Jimmie 11-18-2010 03:04 PM

I apologize in advance, but I've got to get it off my chest.

Proof that a guy will finally snap if he tries to tie that much material on a hook :D

mcnerney 11-18-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmie (Post 167262)
I apologize in advance, but I've got to get it off my chest.

Proof that a guy will finally snap if he tries to tie that much material on a hook :D

LMAO! That was good!

Larry

racine 11-19-2010 07:22 PM

What an absolute ARSE. Now this fellow makes Americans look bad and soils flytiers!:icon_redf

Guest1 11-20-2010 01:05 AM

I'm sure all of us have at one time or another looked at a friends pet bird, or maybe the dog with less than honest thoughts running through our little brains. What seperate us from this guy is we keep it just our naughty little thoughts. Oh, and he ties better than us. I would like to see the skins he got though, wouldn't you?

fredaevans 11-20-2010 07:53 AM

Interesting to Google the young fellow (and his younger Brother). Without question, both are waaaaaaay beyond my simple skills.

fae

laurie 12-11-2010 07:19 AM

This story hit our national news papers big time.

What the guy did is not excusable, he really must have had a passion for dressing fully dressed patterns.
My feelings on this is we are all allowed to make a mistake in life and boy did he do that good and proper.
the funny thing is he is going to be famous from now on,maybe not for the right reasons but i bet his flies will command good money in years to come.
What he now needs is someone to mentor him and encourage him to stay on the right path and develop his talent in a useful way.
lets hope he has learned his lesson
Laurie

joshuanoerr 12-13-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racine (Post 167811)
What an absolute ARSE. Now this fellow makes Americans look bad and soils flytiers!:icon_redf

People already have a distrust of us when we go abroad, now we are going to get funny looks in museums!