The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 PM

oldman50 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello eveyone

I'm new to the forum but not new to fly fishing. Been fishing here in upstate ny for about 35yrs. I've noticed that no one is talking here in the northeast. What's up with that? Lots of things to talk about in Feb.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Hello eveyone

You mean like snow ?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Hello eveyone

Welcome to the Forum and I look forward to hopefully reading your reports and anything else you share.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:51 PM

nyadirondacks will become famous soon enough

where in upstate do you fish? are you really upstate ny or are you a couple miles out of the city?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:04 PM

I'm near the rochester area. Lots of creeks in the area and most are within an hour drive time. One creek is about 10 minutes from my house. I also do fly fishing and tying schools at a 4 acre trout pond in the area. We stock it with Kamloops rainbows. Some of these fish are approaching the 5 and 6 lb range. Our season doesn't open until April 1st so I'm chomping at the bit. I'll try to post some pics of our hatchery and the fish. These babies have got some shoulders. They will definitely make you drool.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 PM

nyadirondacks will become famous soon enough

ahh alright im from the schroon lake area. attending suny cobleskill for fisheries and aquaculture and we do alot of stocking with d.e.c in the spring.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 PM

I have to get refreshed on posting pics. These Kamloops are huge. Our breeders are in the 8 to 10 lb range. When they are first stocked they take just about anything but as the hatches start, they can get tough. We have a chironomid hatch early and the fish single them out. Later the Damsels start along with a #14 BWO. On a good day, your into your backing about 6 or so times.