The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/northeast/)
-   -   Hi, Everyone... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/northeast/108369-hi-everyone.html)

stevemcd 02-26-2011 06:12 AM

Hi, Everyone...

Steve McDonald, Staatsburg & Gilboa, New York. I am also new to this forum. But not new to Flyfishing. Over 30 years flyfishing experience. Lifelong Hunter & Traditional Bowhunter. When not hunting, I love to flyfish for trout and steelhead. I am and have been a Hunter Education Instructor for 17+ years now. Past President and current Director of a local Fish & Game club, past director of local archery club, current Secretary of the Dutchess County Federation of Fish & Game Clubs. My passion is traditional archery, deer hunting, and Flyfishing. Married to my lovely wife for 32 years, two grown sons and a grand daugther.

oldman50 02-26-2011 07:50 AM

Re: Hi, Everyone...

Welcome Steve, glad to have you here. Not many talking on this northeast thread but I'm sure as soon as the weather breaks they will show up. I commend you for being a hunter safety instructor for that long. It takes alot to keep up with that. Doesn't help when NY keeps throwing in there 2 cents. That class ratio rule is pretty stupid. Hope to be talking to you soon.
Ron

stevemcd 02-26-2011 09:34 AM

All the best to you too, Ron! Thank you.

Jimmie 02-26-2011 12:40 PM

:welcomean stevemcd. Good to have you here.

jpbfly 02-26-2011 02:47 PM

:welcomean Steve;)

stevemcd 02-27-2011 03:35 PM

Thanks Gents!

Hardyreels 02-27-2011 04:04 PM

Hello to Steve & Ron,

You'll find the most action on the General Discussion threads and that will be a good way to identify more North Easter's. There is a member from the Adirondacks posting now. Think about sending PM's to people from your area if you want to get a group established. Aroostookbasser (member) is from Maine and don't count all your Pennsylvania friends out because you guys have an excellent highway system back there. You guys might want to consider editing your information so that it shows where you are located. If you look up in the right hand corner of my post you will notice it says where I am from. This is a good way for other Alaska members to find me. We have many members who never filled this information in and I have no clue where they are writing from or their regional rivers. North East really doesn't say much, kinda like saying 'Mid Atlantic'.

Just some thoughts on how to liven up your area,

Ard

Ard

Davo 02-27-2011 05:43 PM

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to you sharing your experience with us!!

aroostookbasser 02-28-2011 04:17 AM

Welcome:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

webrx 02-28-2011 08:35 AM

Welcome Steve, Good to have you aboard.

d