The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 12:25 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Aroostook County

Mattawamkeag......or Pleasant Lake??????

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Mattawamkeag area, I was married to a girl from island falls..Used to drive friday night all night so she could visit family and I would fish.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-10-2009, 04:34 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

was she a Walker????? They seem to own the whole town????

North Woods Wanderings

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Naw a Tucker, brother in oaks, most of family in Holton now. sis is still in Island falls I think. been over 9 years since we split.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 AM

Me and my ex-wife..... 81/2 years.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 11-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Looking for local tyers........have a tye-athon coming up in January to support Reeling and Healing. Breast cancer recovery group that takes patients fishing. Will provide location .....food and drink. Each tyer donates tyes ........ basic 12 flies or more. Will try to get sponsors to cover most materials. But that falls into the "donation" category of the tyer.

Should be a fun afternoon in the deep cool of winter. Pm me here if interested.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 12-25-2009, 10:19 PM

gvc is on a distinguished road

I was looking for some help.I saw Aroostook and thought you may help! My grandfarther was leo murray of Millinocket Maine. He tied flys for years - 1920s 30s, 40s, 50s. He was a Maine state licenced guide for the baxter park area. He use to do sporting shows in Maine and sell flys by the hundreds. His name on the fly card read L G Murray. I have a couple hundred of these trout, and salmon streamers still like new. little ones, big ones, two hooks, three hooks, four hooks, great colors and great detail, some have funny names. They are all on cards and are all old as he died in 1964 and did not tie flys for a number of years before he died. I have a news paper artical showing this and my mom say,s people all over new England, US and some from over sea's would buy his fly's. They would write to him and he would tie them special for them. The question is what to do with them all and of coures his book or sales catalog book. Some of the flys I cant even find there names anywhere. They are going to die if not in the right hands any help would be great. Thanks GVC
Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM

I'ld start by looking on ebay....... his flies could already be on there being traded.

The flies listed..his or not would at the least establish a sense of value. The trick here is to locate a collector. An antique dealer is the next best thing. Google his name to see if his flies are being sought or traded. Google antique dealers...Fly collectors and so on.

You can try to contact Two Rivers Canoe in Medway. They may know a local collector who would love to get them.

North Woods Wanderings