The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/northeast/)
-   -   Aroostook County (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/northeast/10869-aroostook-county.html)

aroostookbasser 08-02-2009 01:28 PM

Aroostook County

Looking for anglers interested in Fishing Northern Maine. Willing to do the field work and point you in the right direction. No fees.....no hassles.

Freelance writer looking to write better material. Your vacation my featured article......

Sound interesting??????

Let me know...

Rip Tide 08-03-2009 08:34 AM

I've often thought about coming up to fish Prestile Stream.
The 12 hour drive is a bit of a deterrent however
:icon_wink:

aroostookbasser 08-04-2009 01:08 PM

Prestile is ok.......I prefer the Meduxnekeag or the Aroostook.

12 hours is a long trip..........

Rip Tide 08-04-2009 03:22 PM

I looked it up.... it's only 6 hours
:rolleyes:

aroostookbasser 08-04-2009 07:05 PM

if you ever decide to make the trip let me show you some of the great fishing.

FISHN50 08-04-2009 07:28 PM

I just got back from Grand Lake Stream. Water was high but there were still salmon in the stream. I picked up a few. The best fishing was as usual right before dark to as long as you could stay out. They had so much rain in the past month that the skeeters would almost carry you away. I caught a bat one night & managed to release it without getting bit. The rest of the time I fished Big Lake with the boat & family. I did pretty good on streamers & poppers with the smallmouth but my son did better with small Rapalas.
. It's about 650 mi from here & takes about 12 hrs but it's worth the trip. I go up there at least 4 wks a year.
s

aroostookbasser 08-05-2009 09:39 AM

Awesome.....GLS is a hot spot for salmon. Been a very wet year. Water is high everywhere.

Should hit grande lake next trip.......work the rocks along the western shore with leech patterns and craws. Bass all over in there!!!!!!

If you get that far and want some trout action...let me know your coming and I'll clear a day or two to show you some Beaver pond fishing.

FISHN50 08-05-2009 01:25 PM

Yea GLS is a pretty place. I've been going up there so long I feel like a local & know 1/2 the people in town (winter). I stay at GLS camps on the estuary to Big Lake & Gary Betz who owns the camp or one of the other guys take us out to some of the beaver ponds. There are a couple I like out by Reggies".
I've been out on W.Grand a few times but I got my GPS filled with spots on Big Lake & would have to get another to fish W.Grand. It is a pretty lake thou

aroostookbasser 08-05-2009 03:47 PM

Re: Aroostook County

Great fishing!!!!!!

God Bless,
Brent

sandfly 08-06-2009 06:29 AM

Re: Aroostook County

I fished around Island Falls some years back. great smallie waters.