The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Aroostook County

Looking for anglers interested in Fishing Northern Maine. Willing to do the field work and point you in the right direction. No fees.....no hassles.

Freelance writer looking to write better material. Your vacation my featured article......

Sound interesting??????

Let me know...

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I've often thought about coming up to fish Prestile Stream.
The 12 hour drive is a bit of a deterrent however
:
Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Prestile is ok.......I prefer the Meduxnekeag or the Aroostook.

12 hours is a long trip..........

North Woods Wanderings

Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I looked it up.... it's only 6 hours
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM

if you ever decide to make the trip let me show you some of the great fishing.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

I just got back from Grand Lake Stream. Water was high but there were still salmon in the stream. I picked up a few. The best fishing was as usual right before dark to as long as you could stay out. They had so much rain in the past month that the skeeters would almost carry you away. I caught a bat one night & managed to release it without getting bit. The rest of the time I fished Big Lake with the boat & family. I did pretty good on streamers & poppers with the smallmouth but my son did better with small Rapalas.
. It's about 650 mi from here & takes about 12 hrs but it's worth the trip. I go up there at least 4 wks a year.
s
Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Awesome.....GLS is a hot spot for salmon. Been a very wet year. Water is high everywhere.

Should hit grande lake next trip.......work the rocks along the western shore with leech patterns and craws. Bass all over in there!!!!!!

If you get that far and want some trout action...let me know your coming and I'll clear a day or two to show you some Beaver pond fishing.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 08-05-2009, 01:25 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Yea GLS is a pretty place. I've been going up there so long I feel like a local & know 1/2 the people in town (winter). I stay at GLS camps on the estuary to Big Lake & Gary Betz who owns the camp or one of the other guys take us out to some of the beaver ponds. There are a couple I like out by Reggies".
I've been out on W.Grand a few times but I got my GPS filled with spots on Big Lake & would have to get another to fish W.Grand. It is a pretty lake thou
Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Aroostook County

Great fishing!!!!!!

God Bless,
Brent

North Woods Wanderings

Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aroostook County

I fished around Island Falls some years back. great smallie waters.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..