The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 PM

RTC is on a distinguished road
Default Lake Placid (Ausable River)

I know that the season closed on the 15th. But I am traveling from Texas for my sons Hockey Tournament. I hear that is legal to fish the C R area. Can someone provide directions to this area and any pointers. Thanks,
Old 02-28-2010, 03:07 PM

adkwiley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lake Placid (Ausable River)

All along rte 86 in Lake placid and wilmington are signs that post where the no kill areas are on the river. There is also a nice stretch in the wilmington knotch area, just down from whiteface mountain. If you go on the NYS DEC website there is a map of the west branch of the Au Sable river which will show you where the spots are. As for tips I cant give you any, when winter hits i move to ice fishing. I don't see too many people fishing the no kill sections up here in the winter, lots of places lock up with ice.