The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 04:11 PM

hsmith1313 is on a distinguished road
Default Warwick, RI

I will be in Warwick in June and was wondering if there are any easily accesible places to fish from shore.

Thanks,
Old 03-29-2010, 05:18 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warwick, RI

I use to fish that area nearly every day.
Goddard State Park covers most of the south shore of Greenwich Bay. There's a nice rocky area to the east of the swimming beach and at high tide the large cove to the west has fish patrolling the grass beds.
On the north side of the bay, try Oakland Beach (RT 117 to Oakland Beach Ave.) There's a cove mouth with a productive point.
When I only had a a short time to fish, there's a small city park on Arnold's Neck (Apponaug Cove), right off RT.1. Fish the cove and point to the right.
If you have more time, you should head down to Jamestown, Narraganset, or Point Judith and fish there instead.... it would be worth the drive (half hour)

Have fun.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 AM

hsmith1313 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warwick, RI

Thanks Riptide. Just the kind of info. I was looking for. I will probably only be able to fish for an hour or two early in the morning before my meetings, but will try Jamestown etc. when i get the chance.