The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default Somerset Reservoir

Ive noticed there are a good number of guys in and around the southern VT area. I was just wondering if anyone has fished Somerset Reservoir or Grout pond. I just got a float tube and I want to check those two areas out. Ive checked out the VT fish and wildlife website and they have listed the species that are supposed to be in there but I am not so sure they are always accurate. Any advice would be great.

Tyler
Old 08-18-2011, 08:16 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Somerset Reservoir

I've fished Grout Pond ... once. Because of the free campground it can get crowded and not my kind of place. In the same area there's another pond with easy access off Kelley Stand where I done very well. I'm not going to spot-burn the name, but I'm sure you can figure it out.
I've never fish Somerset, but I have hiked around there seen lots of brookies in the feeder streams.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default Re: Somerset Reservoir

Yeah I know where youre talking about. I enjoy going up there just for the scenery...beautiful place up there. Thanks for the info.

Tyler