The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 AM

daveny85 is on a distinguished road
Default Albany, NY area trout

I'm kinda getting my start in the sport and realizing I don't have a clue as to where any decent streams are. I live in the south end of Saratoga Co, NY, and can't drive very far all that often to go fishing (work, girlfriend, $3 gas). So far, I've figured out that Saratoga State Park has a few streams with public access that don't look half bad to start with.

And yeah, when I'm good enough not to embarass myself, I plan on making the drive to hit the Battenkill and the Ausable.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 PM

reelingitin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Albany, NY area trout

I hear the fly fishing film tour is coming to Albany, I highly suggest seeing it. Nothing else like it around. Take your girlfriend and she will want to try fly fishing with you. Fly Fishing Film Tour
Old 03-01-2008, 01:22 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like you know where there is some water flowing. Put on a couple nymphs and cast your heart out.

Check your local sporting good stores, fly clubs, and Rod/gun clubs. Most of these folks wiill point you the right way. In both getting to the water and to learning the area.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 03-16-2008, 09:35 AM

Quinnie is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am from Albany and just saw your recommendation that the FlyFishing Fim Tour is coming to my town. Thanks and I will be checking it out!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 AM

reelingitin is on a distinguished road

The show in Albany is free and close to being a full house. Get your tickets quick. Also there is a show tonight (3/17/08) and tomorrow night (3/18/08) in NYC at the Ultra. Go to Angling Exploration Group ©2008 to check it out.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 PM

Quinnie is on a distinguished road

Thanks just printed them off, but it was for the 9:30 pm showing...early show was booked.