The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:29 PM

streams2lakes is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd Salmon River trip

my 2nd trip to the salmon river, the first trip with no success.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: 2nd Salmon River trip

I would say you made up for the first trip! How long ago was the salmon caught?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Man, those are BRUTES! Congrats!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the great looking fish!

Larry

Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Both fish look very fresh! Despite the size difference, I bet the steelhead fight was more fun Unless it was one of those jumpy salmon which tried its best to channel a tarpon

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Are you kidding me? Those are fantastic fish. I hope you were able to release them.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:03 PM

streams2lakes is on a distinguished road

all fish were released of course and the steelhead wasnt much of a fight, the salmon actually being hooked in the mouth was easy to turn so he was easy to controll unlike a foul hooked one.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by streams2lakes View Post
all fish were released of course and the steelhead wasnt much of a fight, the salmon actually being hooked in the mouth was easy to turn so he was easy to controll unlike a foul hooked one.
Very interesting, I've never had the chance to fish for stealhead but have always heard that they are hard fighters. I've hooked into a lot of Silver Salmon and they are definitely hard fighters and love to come up on top and put on a fantastic aerial display and will often throw the hook. Great looking fish, congrats!

Larry

Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Very interesting, I've never had the chance to fish for stealhead but have always heard that they are hard fighters. I've hooked into a lot of Silver Salmon and they are definitely hard fighters and love to come up on top and put on a fantastic aerial display and will often throw the hook. Great looking fish, congrats!

Larry
November on the Salmon River is like Black Friday at the mall. Those fish could have already been caught and released a few times. Probably a bit worn out.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

I watched this guy hook into, walk, and fight both of these fish - hell, I took the pics! - both ends of the line giving all they had to give - - my son netted the king salmon with him and the two of them needed help bringing the netted fish to shore ! - that fish took off like a rocket as soon as Nick touched it to the water to be released - Nobody else around us got to land a nice clean fish of that size.