The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:20 PM

dsssox13 is on a distinguished road
Default New Jersey Fishing

I am in Long Island (Nassau), so pretty close to Jersey, i am here for work and school and know that there is some pretty good trout fishing in Jersey. I dont want to travel to far though, i mapquested it and it said that im a little over an hour to edison, i kind of want to stay in that time range. does anyone know of any rivers in the northern portion of jersey that fits my distance needs and has some good trout fishing? Thanks a lot i really appreciate your response.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Jersey Fishing

dsssox13: Did you see Peregrines reply to your other post on LI?

LI area freshwater fishing-trout

Larry
Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Try the Flatbrook
Old 07-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

dsssox13-

I sent you a PM (Private Message) with some info on trout fishing on LI. To get to it, click on the "Private Messages" link in the upper right hand corner.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 PM

dsssox13 is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot it was a lot of help I really appreciate all the info
Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 AM

bobbyc21fish is on a distinguished road

I hate to say this but there is not many places where you can fish for trout in NJ. MY home stream (South Branch of the Raritan) was 74 degrees at 8am yesterday. The only place I could see you fishing for trout in NJ is a small tributary to the stream you want to fish but I wouldnt even want to test that. If you catch the fish in this heat they will die. There are plenty of places to fish for bass though. If you do decide to fish for trout just check the temp of the water where you are fishing. If it is over 68 degrees, do not fish.

P.S- I was supposed to be going on a trip to the Adirondacks today but the river is so warm there that trout are dying. I cant imagine whats happening to the trout here.

Bobby