The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM

flyfishmich is on a distinguished road
Default Bar Harbor/Acadia NP area?

Hi, My first post and I am asking for a river or small lake that would be open for flies in Oct. I will be in the Bar Harbor area for a few days and would like to fish in the area. I know it is late in the season. So, what fish bite at that time and are there any spots in that area that a visitor can bend a rod.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bar Harbor/Acadia NP area?

Hopefully someone from the area will chime in to help you as stream fishing season officially closes the end of September and many lakes and ponds will close as well or have special regulations.
There are exceptions.
If I was in that area that time of year and had the time, I'd go to HERE which is open to C&R until Oct 20
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the reply
Bummer about the seasons being closed. I have no prob with catch and release. I'll just have to look hard for a spot. Land locked atlantics would be awesome fun.
thanks for the link. Maybe I'll just have to sample local flavor in town rather than the rivers and streams
Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 AM

dwaters is on a distinguished road

You may want to check the National Park Service site to see any specifics about fishing in Acadia. I believe there is a small lake in the park that has trout, maybe even landlocked salmon, but I do not know any details. I have not been to Acadia in many years. I do my Maine fishing in western Maine.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 PM

bowsie15 is on a distinguished road

Ive been there a few times in the last couple of years and asked the samething. No one really had any info on fresh water fishing in the area? Mostly just salt water info!! Dwaters where do you fish in western maine???
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM

A little late but...I went to the LL bean store and picked up some great info. Even though the season had closed for most inland water there were exceptions. Closest to Acadia was a small stretch of river between 2 lakes. West Grand LAke and East Grand lake connected by Grand Lake Stream. a good drive fro the park but great fishing for brookies, smallmouth and I had a my first catches with land locked atlantic salmon. They are lots of fun. Great time. Ran into some locals that were free winth stories and info-even shared their favorite fly to help me out.