The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 AM

upperny is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for stream parner Albany area

I'm relatively new to the capitol region and have fished the Kinderhook, Kateross, some of the small streams and the Adirondacks. I've spent 30 years fishing trout in streams here and in the west.

Looking for interested fly fisherman/woman to fish along with. I miss my fishing friends from Westchester County. Need new company to share.

Appreciate all replies, including the silly ones.

Last edited by upperny; 05-15-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Needed to add something
Old 05-24-2012, 02:51 PM

layla1234 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for stream parner Albany area

Sent you Messages...

Josh
Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for stream parner Albany area

Check out Capital District Fly Fishers. (Google or Facebook) We are done with our formal meetings until Fall, but we have a number of great on-water meetings scheduled, starting on June 20, at Nolan Road, on the Hudson Riiver off of Exit 17 of the Northway. Great spot for smallmouth, crappiie, pickeral, panfish, and an occasional northern pike or walleye.... We've also got a couple of on-water trout outings on the schedule. The club as on the Kinderhook last Sunday.

It's a great club, and we have a variety of other plans for the summer, including a tying booth at the Saratoga County Fair, and two "Take a Vet Fishing" evenings on Six-Mile Waterworks in Albany.

If you just want to get out sometime with someone, send me a PM, and I'll see what my schedule allows. I'm just across the river from Albany, only 10 minutes from downtown....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky