The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 04:03 PM

skywagon is on a distinguished road
Default Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

I'm new to the forum and an inexperienced fly fisher(?). I have played around with a fly rod for a few years now, but haven't had much luck. I'm looking to improve my skills and hopefully my success. I have a seaplane that is based in southern Maine and usually fly up north a couple times a month to camp, fish and hike. I'm also planning a trip to northern Quebec this August for some fishing.

I'm looking for an experienced person to trade services with. I'd provide the flying skills if they would in turn provide me with fishing help. If anyone is interested please pm me.

Last edited by mcnerney; 05-18-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Removed URL advertising a Lodge
Old 05-18-2012, 05:09 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

Spam??????????
Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 PM

skywagon is on a distinguished road

No spam, I'm legit. I have no affiliation with the link I posted, that's just who I'll be staying with in Canada. I can see why you would think that though, with my low post count.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:07 AM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

pm sent. ***
Old 06-26-2012, 08:23 PM

johnin is on a distinguished road

Would be great to have a plave for the entire trip (or helicopter). How are you going to get permission from Cree territory?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sounds like quite the deal! I'd love to make such a trade, but claiming experience on my part would be a bit far-fetched good luck and let us know how it goes!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:33 PM

khende is on a distinguished road

If I were in your position I would fly in and hire a guide or two fly them to where the say and pitch opportunities to them. I spent 20 years as a procurement officer and I never trusted anyone who did not want to demonstrate what they could do for my company. More than likely the guides will set you on fish and teach you how to use a fly rod. You are fortunate, take advantage of it.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Good calls Gentlemen .... wish the heck he lived here in the PNW. I'd be all over this!!

Fred
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

Skywagon has left the building.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi.
I'd firstly just Travel,leaving The Plane behind,tune up your Casting Skills,visit local Flyshops who are always willing to give info,then Fish some Rivers as there are always plenty of waters to access & Fish,perhaps do a days Float on one of The Rivers.
It won't take long to pick up some tips from locals then you can access more isolated areas.
With your offer it's a wonder you haven't been swamped from others.
Gooid Luck

Brian