The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 PM
pkumar is on a distinguished road
Smile Streams/Rivers in Southern New Hampshire

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum and am quite excited to see so much info listed here.
I was a rod and reel fisherman till last year and I've taken up fly fishing since then and its been great. I do not own a boat and so I have to cast from shore. Usually all the good fishing is close to the White mountains and the Lakes region. I live in South Nashua and have been fishing the Souhegan which is easily wadable and all my rainbow trout catches have been from here. I fished the Pemi and the Ammonusuc once and managed to get a few more rainbow trout.

Do you guys know of streams and rivers where you can cast from shore for trout or wade in Southern New Hampshire? Also, any areas where we can cast from shore for Salmon on the Merrimack in the Manchester and Concord Area?

I would really love to get your input

Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 05:50 PM

jalciere is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Streams/Rivers in Southern New Hampshire

Gee. I'd love to learn more about fly fishing in Southern NH, too! There's a river that flows through Henneker. Is it the Contoocook? I don't know how it is for fishing, but my wife and I camped nearby last weekend. I made a mental note to check out the river.