The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM

hornpout is on a distinguished road
Default Mainer new to the forums

Hey all,

These early February thaws give me a wicked case of spring fever that I'm having trouble shaking. Figured I would get as close to hitting the brooks and streams in feb as I could and started searching around the web and stumbled on to these forums.

Been lurking around most of the afternoon and really loved the friendly atmosphere and helpfulness of the members from what I have read so far. Figured I would sign up and introduce myself to you all and join the community.

My name is Matt and I am born and raised in central Maine. Most of my experience is trudging through the woods into the brooks and streams around the area with my pole and a box of worms looking for brookies. Just started getting into fly fishing and fly tying the last couple of years and absolutely love it!

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here and maybe picking up a new fishing buddy or two.

Happy fishing to you all and I'm sure you will see more from me in the near future around the forums here.
williamhj likes this.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mainer new to the forums

Matt: Welcome to the forum! I totally understand getting the itch to go fishing, I feel the same way and can't wait until spring finally gets here. I've been doing a lot of tying help the time go by, but that only goes so far, now I'm ready to wet a line!

Larry

Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Matt, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures this spring.

Dave
Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Another north-easterner. Welcome. Would love to fish Maine waters some day.

Welcome from a little more north and east.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Welcome aboard. Truly a wonderful place to be.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum matt
great group here

casey

ARFE
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM

bowsie15 is on a distinguished road
Default Mainer new to the forums

Welcome matt!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Great introduction! Welcome
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

great intro...hope you can pick up a new fishing bud...or two
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Matt, good to see another Mainer on board, if your ever up in the county give me a jingle.