The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Account on hold

philbush1127 is on a distinguished road
Default Central jersey

Does anybody have and recommendations besides the Delaware river?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Central jersey

Hello Phil,

I can't help you other than to direct you into North Central Pennsylvania. If you would like some ideas for PA. fishing just drop me a PM. There are also some destination waters in Maryland that may be a doable commute. I am not a Maryland expert by any means but I've got a few ideas for that state also. I grew up in Pennsylvania and that territory I know well.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbush1127 View Post
Does anybody have and recommendations besides the Delaware river?
For what? Do you want to catch trout or bass or shad or maybe something in the salt. Do you want to fish rivers , streams lakes or something else . Give us an idea and maybe we can give you some info. And it won't be the Delaware even though it's an awesome fishery!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Where in central Jersey? We have Bass, Pike, Pikerel, Pan fish, Carp, Trout, and plenty of saltwater species out there to keep you busy
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM

lexidane is on a distinguished road

I've fished in Jersey my entire life -
I could list about a 1/2 dozen with serenity, a challenge, and nice size fish with not so many anglers.. But here's 2 to start.

Top Pick is a place called Ken Lockwood Gorge (South Branch of the Raritan River) about 3/4 mi south the town Califon.. If you want to eat go to "Gronsky's for BF they open at 5AM.

califon nj - Google Maps

Next is the Muskie (Musconetcong river) in a town called Changewater (above or below the Bridge).

califon nj - Google Maps

Hope this helps.
Michael

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

sorry bout that should have mentioned - its all Browns and Bows -

Nice size though - Muskie - up to 3-4 lbs
Ken Lockwood - lots of smaller but seen more than a few 5-7 lbs
Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Account on hold

I live in Pittsburgh now but I am from flemington New Jersey in hunterdon county. Mostly looking for good streams and rivers. I've done a couple parts of the raritan mostly around bridge water area. I've already got an awesome pond for bass and catfish I visit frequently

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexidane View Post
I've fished in Jersey my entire life -
I could list about a 1/2 dozen with serenity, a challenge, and nice size fish with not so many anglers.. But here's 2 to start.

Top Pick is a place called Ken Lockwood Gorge (South Branch of the Raritan River) about 3/4 mi south the town Califon.. If you want to eat go to "Gronsky's for BF they open at 5AM.

califon nj - Google Maps

Next is the Muskie (Musconetcong river) in a town called Changewater (above or below the Bridge).

califon nj - Google Maps

Hope this helps.
Michael

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

sorry bout that should have mentioned - its all Browns and Bows -

Nice size though - Muskie - up to 3-4 lbs
Ken Lockwood - lots of smaller but seen more than a few 5-7 lbs
What should I use fishing for Muskies there fly wise and spinning
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I live in Pittsburgh now but I am from flemington New Jersey in hunterdon county. Mostly looking for good streams and rivers. I've done a couple parts of the raritan mostly around bridge water area. I've already got an awesome pond for bass and catfish I visit frequently

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

What should I use fishing for Muskies there fly wise and spinning
The river is nicknamed Muskie, it doesn't actually hold any. The Passaic river holds Pike, that's as close to Muskies as your going to get in central NJ.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Account on hold

Do you actually recommend any places on the Delaware river?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Do you actually recommend any places on the Delaware river?
Shad are running right now. Anywhere inside the park that you can find river access should produce fish.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Account on hold

I planned on going in a week or two to see a friend and thought I'd try some old fishing waters