The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice
Cool New to fly fishing in the adirondacks.

Hey everyone. I am hoping someone can help me find a good fishing area. I just moved to the Malone area and decided to take up fly fishing. Looking at a few maps I have access to lots of lakes and rivers. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has fished Chasem falls on the Salamon river? What about trout river? There is also Mountain pond and the St.Regis. I am also only 1 hr away from the Au Sable rivers west branch. I am hoping that there is someone that came help me. Thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM

4wt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to fly fishing in the adirondacks.

I was just at Ausable's West Branch and it was fantastic! I think for a week or two prior the river was high and the fishing wasn't the best, but I had a couple of really good days. The river was up on my last two days due to the downpour but it will likely be settling down unless more weather comes through.

I'd be there all the time if I only lived an hour away!