The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By friar tyer
  • 1 Post By Rip Tide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 01:29 PM

flybum1331 is on a distinguished road
Default Fly Fishing MA and Southern NH

Hi my names Dan and I am relatively new to fly fishing. Started this year but have become decently productive on the Swift River in western mass. For those who know the area, I have fished above and below the "Y" pool as well as below route 9. Lately I have been attempt to find a new area to stalk for nice sized trout. I was wondering if anyone had some info on a stretch of river that produces some large trout anywhere in MA or Southern NH?
Thanks guys
Old 06-21-2013, 05:12 PM

friar tyer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fly Fishing MA and Southern NH

The Chesterfield gorge section of the East Branch Westfield River is a good place to go. There is a huge C & R section there and the scenery is amazing.

I've also been hearing good things about the Ware River, but I haven't had a chance to get there yet so I can't give you any specific locations.
Nearenuf likes this.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:59 PM

mtowner23 is on a distinguished road

I'm headed to Keene, NH for a 3 week off-site business trip and will be bringing my fly gear with me. I'd also be interested in hearing about places in the area to fish.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtowner23 View Post
I'm headed to Keene, NH for a 3 week off-site business trip and will be bringing my fly gear with me. I'd also be interested in hearing about places in the area to fish.
The Connecticut River has some excellent smallmouth fishing in the summer. Pike too I would think.
The Sugar River near Claremont is the best trout river that I'm aware of in that area but as I remember it doesn't hold it's water very well and may not be too productive in warm weather.
The east branch of the Deerfield in Vermont is a tailwater. It's on the backside of Mt Snow in the Green Mtn National Forest
Nearenuf likes this.