The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How important is looking the part?

Looks like the winter is taking its toll. -17 windchill here this morning in answer to the question. Dress in what is practical for the conditions, it's not a fashion show
mridenour and hivizadams like this.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:02 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

This is no where near as bad as the Abel nippers thread... So I'd say we're doing ok this winter
Old 01-22-2014, 10:46 AM
mridenour

Just don't dress like this guy!!!!

These clothes are definitely NOT appropriate for the location being fished. There is actually a skull wearing an Uncle Sam hat on the other side of that shirt. That is no way to fish the Big Horn.
Click the image to open in full size.

This hat in itself is reason for getting banned from the stream!

The hat, the down coat that makes him look even fatter than he already is and boot-foot waders??? Come on man! Get out of Michigan.

Yep, whatever you do, don't do this! My momma must have dressed me funny when I was a kid.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:28 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Is it strange that I need my waders, fishing shirt, and vest to match my Abel nippers and Grateful Dead fly reel?
mridenour likes this.