The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 03:13 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How important is looking the part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcspirit View Post
How important is it to other fishermen out there to look like a good fly fisherman? I guess I was curious to see who else is interested in the "style" of fly fishing.
Waders and a hoodie maybe a pull over rain top nothing fancy here. Looking the part in the salt is more of a beach bum look. Looking the part to me is standing in the wash of the surf holding up a large striper it has nothing to do with fashion!
theboz likes this.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:39 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
Looking the part to me is standing in the wash of the surf holding up a large striper it has nothing to do with fashion!
And a large striper is the perfect accent accessory to any angling ensemble.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Hey Bill! Where you been hiding...er...fish in?
Deep in the shadows like a government agent!!! Hahaha J/K I don't have internet at the house anymore so I steal time on GF's computer. Been fairly busy tying up loose ends and getting things set up for the fall tuna bite, I gotta make some money!!! Believe it or not the only fishing I've done is chasing gills around, no time or money to travel yet so it is what it is.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
Waders and a hoodie maybe a pull over rain top nothing fancy here. Looking the part in the salt is more of a beach bum look. Looking the part to me is standing in the wash of the surf holding up a large striper it has nothing to do with fashion!
The part about holding the big Striper in the wash, that's my kind of ensemble!!

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Deep in the shadows like a government agent!!! Hahaha J/K I don't have internet at the house anymore so I steal time on GF's computer. Been fairly busy tying up loose ends and getting things set up for the fall tuna bite, I gotta make some money!!! Believe it or not the only fishing I've done is chasing gills around, no time or money to travel yet so it is what it is.
Glad to see you out of the shadows Bill!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Click the image to open in full size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-01-2013, 04:33 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hey Ard, what for kind of weird "drift boat" is in that photo...
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:51 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How important is looking the part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Ten extra points to Ard!

Odd part is if you 'Have the look' no one looks at you. A fat old Yellow Lab behind you (and back in the day Huskers) brought a lot of folks up for 'Can I ask you a question?' Good times, good talks, maybe I even had some thing of value to say?

fae
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
Hey Ard, what for kind of weird "drift boat" is in that photo...
Dang good question! I've got to make a trip up to Alaska to see how Ard rows that thing!

Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I do have a set of paddles on board as emergency propulsion but basically the jet unit on the Honda handles whatever there is.

I don't drift it and when fishing it's a park and wade thing. There is no beauty in trying to bring a salmon or trout to the boat and then net it. That always turns into a circus so I don't do it.

When I get around to writing up last weeks Copper River trip you'll see why the motor is the ticket.

I'm here when you're ready Larry
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 PM

flytie09 will become famous soon enough

To me, I look the part when I'm hauling in fish hand over fist and the Orvis catalog guys are swarming in on me to get a peak at what I'm doing. It's whatever your budget allows, but you look like a big jack hole in your Tilly hat if your flogging the water with your pole like a bull whip with absolutely no clue.