The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 05:32 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Beginner looking to fish in the city

Sounds like gabysapha has issued an invite to all interested. By the way Gabysapha, well done and good for you. I hope folks take you up on your offer. Although it is June, the weather and cool temperatures that we have been experiencing in the Northeast, presents all of you with tremendous opportunities in fresh water and salt. I hope that some of you can hook up and learn from each other. Start small (groups) and build from there. Sometimes the first step is the most difficult. That step of course is trust in your fellow human being. Not a very common trait in Bostonians. I know, the truth hurts. get over it.

Good luck,
Dan
Old 06-01-2014, 05:39 PM

photoguy will become famous soon enoughphotoguy will become famous soon enough

What about the Charles? There's areas 'up-stream' where it's pretty wild/natural/remote and more importantly, appears very healthy.
I was talking to someone recently about the Muddy River (my son is a student in the Longwood area and an avid fisherman as well...) and was told that there's some pretty good sized Carp in there. Wonder what else?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:41 PM

gabysapha is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dan! I'm sending my invitation out to anyone I know in hopes of finding other fish enthusiasts. There are so many bodies of water around Boston and I see people angling all the time, so why not try a meet-up. As a Boston-born-and-bred girl, this is a leap of faith for me. Hope there is interest out there!

Gaby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 03:42 PM

4wt is on a distinguished road

I know there's a meetup.com Boston fishing group, but as of yet I've not made it to meet them, either.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:16 PM

gabysapha is on a distinguished road

I posted to their message board as well, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk