The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:04 PM

powderfinger is on a distinguished road
Default Salmon river

hows the run so far?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:06 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Salmon river

Steady . The DSR and estuary are loaded.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM

4wt is on a distinguished road

Nice! I was planning to go up there the first or second week of October, think the salmon will still be around? I've heard later in October they're pretty much gone.

Any guides you folks would recommend? I've been having some difficulty getting in contact with a couple.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I got unlucky. Fished the DSR the entire day Saturday and it was an ultra slow day based on the experience of my buddy and I as well as those around us (including guides and their clients). Fished all the way to the Estuary. Reports stated it was the slowest day in quite a few, and that it has since picked back up. I figure I'll head back in mid-October and give the DSR a chance to redeem itself

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

I was there the 7th of September. The fishing was awesome. Hooked into a 28 lbs king Salmon. My buddy hooked into one that weighed in at 31lbs. We are going back the 5th of October for some cohos. The fishing will be still good. The fish are in earlier this year but still run untill the end of October. There are some steelies and Browns too, good luck!

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/