The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2005, 09:50 AM

atlaw will become famous soon enoughatlaw will become famous soon enough
Default followup to deerfield

I said I would post a bit more on this great river. One thing is that the water can change very fast-I always keep an ear out for changes in the sound of the flow when I am pushing the limits of time for releases from the many dams on the river. You can go to www.zoaroutdoors.com/schedule.htm for an easily readable schedule but they do sometimes do unscheduled releases. There is good fishing starting around April and going through December if you can stand the cold...trout, browns, rainbows, brookies all are pretty plentiful with holdovers in the 2-3 pound range(just caught one last weekend) and a few larger browns. There are a couple of catch and release mandated areas so check this out before you go. If you are interested in native brookies, most of the small feeder steams contain them and are fished less.
Tight lines.