The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 01:03 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Park on the Fly

Largemouths , Bluegills, Carp and. Goldfish . Light colored nymphs and foam bugs in the warmer months. Still some nice Bass in the lake try the weed beds . More people than you would think fly fish there !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-02-2014, 09:12 AM

left field is on a distinguished road

And Snakeheads in the Harlem Meer which you have to kill if you land.

You can buy a license online at the DEC site and print out or use the confirmation number as proof while fishing.

Online and Phone Sporting Licenses Issuing System - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Fishing Licenses & Recreational Marine Fishing Registry:
When making an online transaction, the license/registration card must be printed and used as valid proof; you will NOT receive a license/registration card in the mail.
When making a phone transaction, the confirmation number can be used as valid proof until you receive your license/registration card by mail in 14 business days.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 AM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all

Prospect Park in Bklyn has some good bass fishing.

Randy
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 AM

neversink will become famous soon enoughneversink will become famous soon enough

So I went to Harlem Meer right after the church then came across at least 5 different teams of fly fishers in less than two hours time. None of us are catching anything then a small group at the lodge-like small building are catching bluegills witg bread and worms right at the edge of bank.

I reckon there are greener or more productive fisheries, but this is a unique location let you fish city-style.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:39 AM

neversink will become famous soon enoughneversink will become famous soon enough

Hi folks

On cold Sunday I hated and on warm Wednesday I lve Harlem Meer...
While I fished round, I came across huge LM bass, lots of blluegill, crappie, baby pike, few yellow perch, and gigantic carp.

Since good fish swim by the bank, this is amazingly productive place for Tenkara.
I don't know any other place where you can fish, sip on iced coffee, and socialize with people with curiousity all in New York style.

Great place to be.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 AM

bloomagoo will become famous soon enoughbloomagoo will become famous soon enough

On a similar note, I work in downtown Boston next to South Station. Yesterday I discovered a public dock at the Fort Point Channel that is just begging for me to cast a fly for stripers at lunch (as soon as they make their appearance).
Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 AM

presentingthefly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomagoo View Post
On a similar note, I work in downtown Boston next to South Station. Yesterday I discovered a public dock at the Fort Point Channel that is just begging for me to cast a fly for stripers at lunch (as soon as they make their appearance).
Good to hear. I work in East Boston and I am always looking for spots in the city to fish after work!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Hi All

Thank you very much for kindly providing liberal amount of information.
I had a great time over 2 sessions. One with fly fishing outfit and another with tenkara outfit after being inspired by meeting so many guys in NYC seriously into it.

> Left Field
Special thanks to you for providing license and regulation information just in time I have also included the information you provided in my blog entry to make sure people follow information easily.

Central Park on the Fly – Tenkara Takes Harlem Meer | Tokyo Fly Fishing & Country Club, Japan

> randyflycaster
Thanks for historical background of the fishery.

> TheBoz, rgj230, ibcrewin
Thanks for the fishing list. I came across most of the fish you listed
Old 05-13-2014, 09:47 PM

wicked_fly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by presentingthefly View Post
Good to hear. I work in East Boston and I am always looking for spots in the city to fish after work!
Winthrop has some great spots. If you can swing it I would fish in am before work. I used to fish deer island in the morning when I worked closer to the city but can't really pull it off anymore.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Neversink!

Hello, where have you been I haven't heard from you since the Earth Quake. This thread brought out a bunch of new members too, good to hear from you and Welcome to all you new guys

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;