The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 07:02 AM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default West Canada Creek

How's the West Canada fishing? We're headed over there tomorrow to open up our cottage. Flows look a lot better than last summer .
Old 06-09-2014, 04:00 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: West Canada Creek

I am sincerely overwhelmed by the responses.... As it turns out, it's fishing awesome! We went out to open our summer camp, I got to fish for two days. I've never had so many fish, big fish, make my Hardy sing. We're going back in 2-3 weeks and will get to spend more time introducing myself to those healthy brown trout.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 PM

mirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nice

Loose lips sink ships ...
Old 06-14-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabelasunshine View Post
Loose lips sink ships ...
Um, yeah... I guess that's the way the locals think. It's C&R water, so what's the big deal? It's not hidden away in some remote corner, either.
eastfly66 likes this.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:11 AM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice

Hey Nick,

I asked about the West Canada a while back and got the same. I am heading up/over there in 3-4 weeks or to Livingston Manor area. Camping grounds near both , reasonable drive time and good fishing (I guess). Never fished WC or Manor area other than the Big D. Thanks for the review , looking forward to checking it out ...........

Either way I plan on hitting both areas this season before the Steelhead come in...............
Old 06-14-2014, 06:28 AM

West Canada... The first time I fished it was year before last. I lived in Colorado, so used my most productive Colorado flies- Elk Hair Caddis and a BH Hare's Ear dropper. That's what I used last week, with outstanding results. Most on the nymph, but a couple of outstanding fish on the dry- #18 gray. If you spot a blue Xterra with Maine tags stop and say hello. I'll most likely be at the Trenton Falls bridge.
edit- I emailed the local TU chapter contact last year, never got a reply.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:34 AM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
West Canada... The first time I fished it was year before last. I lived in Colorado, so used my most productive Colorado flies- Elk Hair Caddis and a BH Hare's Ear dropper. That's what I used last week, with outstanding results. Most on the nymph, but a couple of outstanding fish on the dry- #18 gray. If you spot a blue Xterra with Maine tags stop and say hello. I'll most likely be at the Trenton Falls bridge.
edit- I emailed the local TU chapter contact last year, never got a reply.
I bet they don't miss mailing you the tax bill on that cottage you have !

I am in a blue F350/blue cap with MA tag

Thanks

I will keep an eye out for the terra .
Old 06-14-2014, 07:37 AM

mirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nice

Quote:
Um, yeah... I guess that's the way the locals think. It's C&R water, so what's the big deal? It's not hidden away in some remote corner, either
Just messin', seeing the overwhelming response to the OP. I've never fished the place. Glad you had a good outing.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:10 AM

mattwolf is on a distinguished road

Guys,

When you fished the WCC did you see anyone else fishing? I fish there all year long and very rarely do I come across other people fishing. It is a great hold over stream. There is very little natural reproduction that occurs in the river or their trips. This past spring we got some live footage of native brown trout fry in one of the tribs. For more info on the WCC check out Trout Power. PM me with any questions.

I live about 20 minutes away from there.

Thanks,
eastfly66 likes this.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 AM

Hello Matt,

I ran into one other fisherman all week, parked at the falls parking area. He was coming as I was going. Said they call him Two Rods, and yes, he was heading to the river with two rods. There were occasional trucks parked further up the road/downstream. Then there was the Trout Power contest and there were vehicles parked everywhere. I stayed away for that...
We'll be back before the 4th for a couple or three weeks, then probably in August for a while, then hopefully in the fall, when the browns start getting aggressive.
Question- I have a WCC print on my wall of a Mark Trail- looking fisherman hooked up to a jumping rainbow. How common are rainbows there? I haven't seen one yet.
Thanks.
eastfly66 likes this.