The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:54 AM

rangeleyflyfisherman is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Montpelier

Hey guys just moved to Montpelier, VT from Rangeley, ME. Just wanted to say hi and was hoping for a bit of help on where/what to fish down here. I talked to a guy and said the Dog River held some nice browns and some brook trout. Well hope everyone is dealing with the winter fishing blues ok until the ice freezes over! Take care.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Montpelier

Welcome to the forum. Someone will be along from your area shortly.lol

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 AM

rangeleyflyfisherman is on a distinguished road

Haha I hope so. I talked to a guy that said the Dog River that runs along Rt. 12 holds some monster browns and rainbows so I'm excited for the spring run to hit that head on. Anyways the forum is great!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about

Hiya from NH, I hear the major river right in town (onion?) at the step dam holds some nice fish during spring and fall spawning....

Coffee @ Capital Grounds is killer
Old 12-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Moly!!! it's Flygal. How have you been? hope the growing season went well for you.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-11-2008, 01:46 PM

It did fys, and it finally has come to an end as well as my fishing 08 season...Good year!

How about you?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it went well for you, good to see you back around.

I had a really busy season, almost too busy as it did cut into some of my time on the water.

But as they say "You gotta make Hay when you can".

Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM

Absolutely...Same here
Old 01-18-2009, 08:48 PM

sesro1978 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeleyflyfisherman View Post
Haha I hope so. I talked to a guy that said the Dog River that runs along Rt. 12 holds some monster browns and rainbows so I'm excited for the spring run to hit that head on. Anyways the forum is great!
Hey-

Welcome to the area. You may want to check out the few rivers that are open in VT year-round...I think the Otter Creek is open from Center Falls in Rutland, VT all the way up to Lake Champlain (don't quote me on that...check the regs). You're in some prime territory when it comes to trout streams my friend!

Best,
S
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 AM

NorthernAngler is on a distinguished road

My two top favorite VT rivers are the Winooski and Otter Creek.

Good Luck!