The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 07:58 AM

NorthernAngler is on a distinguished road
Just Want to Introduce myself

Hello Fellow Northeasterners,

The names Brian. I am 18 and am a college student from Granby,CT, about 10minutes from the Farmington River.Although most of my time is spent on the Farmy, I also fish everywhere from the Catskills up to Maine, so I hope to find this forum helpful on my journeys. I am a rookie trout bum, but my favorite fish on the fly is the Brook Trout.

What a cool site!

-Brian
Old 01-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Just Want to Introduce myself

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the forum and spend a lot of time with us. Thanks for putting your age in your profile. You might consider adding your location to your profile. It will help other members who reply to any questions you may ask. It is not required but is helpful.

Frank
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Brian

Welcome to the forum! We look forward to your posts and hearing your fishing stories. If you have a camera we would love to see the rivers you fish in your area.

It is warming up around here in WY this weekend (its been bitterly cold lately) so that is a nice change. I might head up to the Grey Reef tomorrow if I can shake this cold.

Larry
Old 01-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Brian,

Welcome to the board, you're in a great area up there. There are a lot of guys on the board that fish some of the same waters--- and also CT in saltwater.

Again, welcome and pull up a chair. lots of good folks here.

peregrines
Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 PM

NorthernAngler is on a distinguished road

Heres some of my CT Fishing Holes and fish, enjoy

Click the image to open in full size.

The Farmington

7 lb 3 oz Rainbow on the Farmington in Summer 07

Old 01-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Brian,

Those pictures bring a stir of memories. Nothing like stumbling into a wild brown when you think you're fishing for brookies. I used to love that. Neither one here but there are other fish.

Ard
Old 01-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Brian

I love your picttures, some nice looking brookies and that big rainbow is a real trophy. Congrts!

Larry
Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM

Crunchbird is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard! Great looking shots. I live in Ridgefield, CT and have not fished the Farmington nearly enough. I work at The Hartford now, in Hartford, and my mothers' family is originally from E. Hartland (still have a lot of family up there, who knows, perhaps we are distant cousins!).

At any rate, great looking fish and I hope to see you on the river.

-Jason
Old 05-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Brian,hope you'll catch lots of fish!It seems you've started pretty well
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Welcome to the group Brian...Great Pics, looks like you're doing very well for yourself...Love the Brookies...

Dan