The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Northeast

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 PM

ncomeau is on a distinguished road
Default Who wants to fly fish?

Hey everyone, My name is Nick and I'm 21 and I just joined this forum. I've been fishing since I was like 5, and fly fishing for about 2 years now. I've fished dozens of rivers in MA and even more lakes and ponds and had a few questions. Where are there good small streams around MA? I frequently fish the Quinnie, Squannacook and the Swift, but I love to fish the small streams that feed into rivers like these (like trout brook in Holden). Are there any like these around Worcester, MA or in Central MA? Also, I've been looking for someone to hit the waters with but I can't seem to find any of my friends who likes to fish. Therefore, anybody looking for a fishing buddy? Thanks guys and look forward to reading the posts.

Hey Everyone,

Before we keep welcoming Nick you should know he posted this 2 1/2 years ago.

Welcome Nick

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-01-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Very old introduction from inactive member...........
Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who wants to fly fish?

Hey ncomeau welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll get some offers from folks on this board. But you also might try hooking up with a local Trout Unlimited chapter too. Most have group fly fishing trips to local waters, and you're sure to meet up with some new fishing buddies. You can search for local chapters near you here:

Council/Chapter Search | Trout Unlimited - Conserving coldwater fisheries

Here are some other resources for you:
DF&G website:
MassWildlife - Fishing Information

C and R areas in MA:
MassWildlife - Catch & Release Fishing Areas

Books:
For MA trout Review of Trout Fishing in Massachusetts
Amazon.com: Trout Streams of Southern New England: An Angler's Guide to the Watersheds of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island: Tom Fuller: Books

And an excellent book for NE Hatches:
Amazon.com: Hatch Guide for New England Streams: Thomas, Jr. Ames, David B. Tibbetts: Books

Good luck out there.

mark
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM

clearstream is on a distinguished road

Hi Nick:

I think I can help. I'm interested in the same kind of fishing, (fished trout brook yesterday) and I am looking for someone to occasionally join in on a trip. Send me a PM and I will get in touch, we can plan something soon.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 PM

seaswan21 is on a distinguished road

I'd be interested in hooking up for some local action thru the winter if yer interested...drop a line.

Carl
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum ncomeau. I live in Northern Minnesota and we are not long from being iced over, so I am not going to be much help in the fishing partner area. But welcome to the forum again, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

You came to the right place!!!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nick,hope you'll find a fishing buddy soon...It's far funnier to fish with a friend
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum nick. it sounds like you may already have found some fishing buddies out in your neck of the woods
i'm lookiing forward to reading about your future fishing endeavors.
have fun and be safe

casey

ARFE
Old 12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Another good resource for search streams is Google Earth.

Larry

Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

two and a half year old thread