The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Orvis (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/orvis/)
-   -   Buy from Orvis (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/orvis/297140-buy-orvis.html)

Editor 09-19-2012 06:52 AM

Buy from Orvis

We have joined the Orvis affiliate scheme to add to our other corporate memberships.

If you buy from Orvis please consider using this link below or the banner ads you may see around the website or forums. We get a % of every sale no matter how big or small, but it all helps cover our admin costs! :)

Click here to browse and buy from Orvis online.

fredaevans 09-19-2012 07:23 AM

Re: Buy from Orvis

Very good deal Paul; if you haven't already, 'pin this one' so it doesn't get lost.

Fred

mcnerney 09-19-2012 08:22 AM

Paul: Thanks for the heads up!

Larry

Hardyreels 12-14-2012 02:33 AM

Just a reminder to all who are considering Orvis reels and rods right now. Use the link on Paul's post or any of the banners on the forum to help out.

Ard

zug buggin 01-25-2013 10:15 AM

The only thing Orvis I'll ever buy is the Super Strong Mono Tippet and I do like their Hydros Fly lines. As far as the other stuff they can sell it to someone else at their "Life Style" stores

jsquires 01-25-2013 01:08 PM

I will say I stopped buying from Orivs when a clerk refused to let me use their bathroom in the Boston store (I had come in to buy a fly box). But if it helps this forum, I'll change my policy.

sandfly 01-25-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zug buggin (Post 519938)
The only thing Orvis I'll ever buy is the Super Strong Mono Tippet and I do like their Hydros Fly lines. As far as the other stuff they can sell it to someone else at their "Life Style" stores

snob, hydros line ! Huh ! all I can afford is the cheap line and I used to work for Orvis..

Mrtrout 01-25-2013 02:10 PM

I must say, I have always been a big Orvis fan, customer service second to none.
But in the last couple of years, things have changed, for me anyway, their range of rods and reels doesn't appeal to me at all, as a river and stream man.
Blue blanks on a river rod? Not for me, since the old Battenkill,LA reels went, I just can't see another I like.
The BBS is still pretty, and a decent little workhorse, but apart from that I'm finding it hard to get excited about any of their tackle.
The returns policy on waders recently changed, well it has in the
UK, and I am on my third pair of Silver Labels, but when they pack in I'll be going for the Reddington Pro Sonics I think.
Perhaps it's just me, but I know a few friends who think the same.
But anything that supports the forum is good.
S.

Joni 01-25-2013 04:00 PM

I love Orvis! I like it plain AND with peanuts :-)
And I too use to work for them...best 5 years of working life. I think I would still be working for them had the store not had to close.

jsquires 01-25-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni (Post 520043)
I love Orvis! I like it plain AND with peanuts :-)
And I too use to work for them...best 5 years of working life. I think I would still be working for them had the store not had to close.

I'll bet you would have let me use the restroom.