The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Corporate Members > Orvis

Orvis Buy from Orvis online using the links here and help support the North American Fly Fishing Forums.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Buy from Orvis

We have joined the Orvis affiliate scheme to add to our other corporate memberships.

If you buy from Orvis please consider using this link below or the banner ads you may see around the website or forums. We get a % of every sale no matter how big or small, but it all helps cover our admin costs!

Click here to browse and buy from Orvis online.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Buy from Orvis

Very good deal Paul; if you haven't already, 'pin this one' so it doesn't get lost.

Fred
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buy from Orvis

Paul: Thanks for the heads up!

Larry

Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Just a reminder to all who are considering Orvis reels and rods right now. Use the link on Paul's post or any of the banners on the forum to help out.

Ard
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about

The only thing Orvis I'll ever buy is the Super Strong Mono Tippet and I do like their Hydros Fly lines. As far as the other stuff they can sell it to someone else at their "Life Style" stores
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

I will say I stopped buying from Orivs when a clerk refused to let me use their bathroom in the Boston store (I had come in to buy a fly box). But if it helps this forum, I'll change my policy.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:20 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zug buggin View Post
The only thing Orvis I'll ever buy is the Super Strong Mono Tippet and I do like their Hydros Fly lines. As far as the other stuff they can sell it to someone else at their "Life Style" stores

snob, hydros line ! Huh ! all I can afford is the cheap line and I used to work for Orvis..
mesqueunclub likes this.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM

Mrtrout will become famous soon enoughMrtrout will become famous soon enough

I must say, I have always been a big Orvis fan, customer service second to none.
But in the last couple of years, things have changed, for me anyway, their range of rods and reels doesn't appeal to me at all, as a river and stream man.
Blue blanks on a river rod? Not for me, since the old Battenkill,LA reels went, I just can't see another I like.
The BBS is still pretty, and a decent little workhorse, but apart from that I'm finding it hard to get excited about any of their tackle.
The returns policy on waders recently changed, well it has in the
UK, and I am on my third pair of Silver Labels, but when they pack in I'll be going for the Reddington Pro Sonics I think.
Perhaps it's just me, but I know a few friends who think the same.
But anything that supports the forum is good.
S.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I love Orvis! I like it plain AND with peanuts :-)
And I too use to work for them...best 5 years of working life. I think I would still be working for them had the store not had to close.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I love Orvis! I like it plain AND with peanuts :-)
And I too use to work for them...best 5 years of working life. I think I would still be working for them had the store not had to close.
I'll bet you would have let me use the restroom.
mesqueunclub likes this.