The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough
Default New Boots

I just picked up some simms Headwater aquastealth on sale so I can quit wearing my studded felts in the snow,,,,,Yeah no more high heals..LOL. Any one else use them before????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new boots.jpg (39.7 KB, 60 views)
Old 07-05-2009, 10:27 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Boots

I tried out a pair of Aquastealth boots out when they were first released. The soles work well for all but the rock snot covered stones. The rubber compound does not tear into the rock snot like felt does. If you are a stream fisherman who hikes a lot or fishes in snow, the Aquastealth boot is a good choice.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 AM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough

Got to try these boots out yesterday, and man are they comfortable and light weight. Not as good as studded felt for the slime but a decent all around boot, I would definetly recommend them to any one though.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Kruggy, Have you tried them on the slate bottom streams yet? I have looked at them, but know one I talked to knew if they tested them on streams like the "V" and Elk Creek in PA.

Dan
Old 07-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Dryrod is on a distinguished road

I'm assumming that they are both a wading & hiking boot. So what did they set you back? They usually run out at about$130.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:27 AM

HuronRiverDan, If you mean those big flat rocks in the river that get slippery, Yeah we walked over a few and they didnt seem to bad there wasnt a hard current which could of made a difference.

Dryrod, I got them for just over $80, they were on sale at our local fly shop.