The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2006, 10:37 AM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mountain Bike Rod Rack??

Looked at the link and got a message saying that RiverTrailGear has closed its business.

Mike, how does the rack system mount to our bike? Would it be possible to see a photo?

Thanks,

Bruce
Old 06-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Is this the same rack? Yes I ride wearing waders.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Wow Ard,

That second picture looks a little chancy. That would be a busted rod if I tried it.

MikeLove, I see you still call Piscator, Darknight. I still have a problem when I want to send a PM to Piscator. I have to go to the Portal Page to look up his name. Why can't you tie the tube along your cross bar with the end sticking out the front or the back according to your load?

Frank
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Frank,

Take another look, the tubes are held vertically on the front forks in the rack. The rod in the second picture is simply propped on my trunk bag while I took the picture. I was fishing when I took the pictures. Does that look safer, I mean the tube on the fork?

Ard

Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Ard,

My mistake. I thought you were carrying your rod like that. I think the fork tube is a good idea.

Frank
Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 PM

MikeLove will become famous soon enoughMikeLove will become famous soon enough

I have since added 36volt front hub motor with throttle and battery pack to my mountain bike.. Helps get up those long hills...runs 20mph on blacktop..
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLove View Post
I have since added 36volt front hub motor with throttle and battery pack to my mountain bike.. Helps get up those long hills...runs 20mph on blacktop..
Mike,

Pictures please, I still like to use my gears but I'm not getting younger here either.

Ard

Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Holy **** Ard. Is that bike frame a 22"? What are you 6'6"?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM

MikeLove will become famous soon enoughMikeLove will become famous soon enough

Click the image to open in full size. If this pic comes through it will show the front hub motor , 36 volt battery pack on rear and controller hung from the cross bar.. throttle is on the right side not visible but to the right of the brake.. cost 400 bucks on line.. I bought it at 607-587-8835 Lyle Barron in NY.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Yatahey: I think 6'6" is about right for our Alaskan friend.

Mike Love: 2 questions-

Is that battery/motor set-up powerful enough to get you back up out of the park on the windy road to the south or that long haul up to the dam on the other end?

And,

Can we PLEASE see a picture of your jolly self flying by at 20 mph on a mountain bike while wearing waders?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.