The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Mountain Bike Rod Rack??

Yat,

It was a special order back in 1983 I don't know how big it is but I've never parked next to a taller bike. It has proven to be very reliable over the years (built before the age of planned obsolescence took over mountain biking) although I have replaced; handlebars (a weld finally broke last year) cables in 2003, rear derailleur in 03, few freewheel in 03, and the seat and steering head I'm not sure when. I have a TREK Y3 that I pumped $2300 into for downhill in 1993 before my brain caught up with the age of the rest of my body also. The Fuji was built long before suspension came to the public market.

Yeah, I'm 6'5" 220 lbs. I need a big ride.

Mike, thanks for the picture.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Yat,

It was a special order back in 1983 I don't know how big it is but I've never parked next to a taller bike. It has proven to be very reliable over the years (built before the age of planned obsolescence took over mountain biking) although I have replaced; handlebars (a weld finally broke last year) cables in 2003, rear derailleur in 03, few freewheel in 03, and the seat and steering head I'm not sure when. I have a TREK Y3 that I pumped $2300 into for downhill in 1993 before my brain caught up with the age of the rest of my body also. The Fuji was built long before suspension came to the public market.

Yeah, I'm 6'5" 220 lbs. I need a big ride.

Mike, thanks for the picture.

Ard
You sound like an ideal candidate for a rigid 29er. One of these would likely be perfect for you- REDLINE | ADULT BIKES | MONOCOG FLIGHT 29'ER They go for about $600. I've got a 2007 model fancier version and have been thrilled with it. Review: Redline Mono 9 | MtnBikeRiders.com

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thanks Cliff, I'll check them out.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLove View Post
I have since added 36volt front hub motor with throttle and battery pack to my mountain bike.. Helps get up those long hills...runs 20mph on blacktop..
Mike: So how far can you run on the battery or do you just use it get over the up hill sections? Looks like a great idea by the way.

Larry
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM

MikeLove will become famous soon enoughMikeLove will become famous soon enough

The 3 12v series wired batteries will deliver about 20 miles on flat ground. However if you use the pedals and all of the gears, you can ride much farther. I have never had a chance to run the battery all the way down.Google electril bicyle kit.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike

That is pretty impressive performance! I'm going to check that out.

Larry