The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:45 AM

branjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura about
Default Frogg Togg Waders

Hello, I just got a new pair of frogg togg hellbender waders to try out. I coudn't find any info on previous threads so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has used them and how they turned out. I got them to replace cabela's premium dry plus waders due to a leak. Cabelas was unable to send me a new pair because of inventory so I took a chance on these and they seem to be pretty well built and comfortable, just dont know a whole lot about frogg togg products.

JB
Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Frogg Togg Waders

Hi branjg,

I see no one has answered so I will give it a go. I don't know anything about the Frogg Togg Waders but I am familiar with the Frogg Togg rain gear.

Frogg Togg rain gear has been around for several years and a lot of Bass Fishers like them. There was a period that the crotch of the rain pants were ripping. That may have been due to people buying a size that was too small. I have not heard anything lately about the crotch problem and I wouldn't be concerned about a similar problem with the waders. I think the waders are a relative new product for Frogg Togg and there is not a lot of information available.

So it looks like you are going to be our expert on Frogg Togg waders.

Frank

Frogg Togg Hellbender Stocking Foot Waders.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 PM

branjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura about

Thank you Frank, the only thing I've heard so far is from a local guy here that has the waist high's. He said he really liked them untill they started leaking about knee high. I've had them out two times so far and have no complaints, so I guess we'll see. thanks again for the info.

JB
Old 11-26-2009, 08:44 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough

The fellow that I fish with has a pair of the frogg togg hip waders and has been pretty pleased with them. THe only complaint that he has had with them is a stitching issue. Apparently one of the legs was stitched a little tighter than the other around the ankle making it difficult to take off. Other than that he seems happy with them. Let us know how you like yours once you get the chance to wear them for awhile.
Tuck