The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 PM

tiger2 is on a distinguished road
Default Native Watercraft

Hi All,
Any one have any experience with a native watercraft kayak with pedal propel. Looking at fishabliity, easy loading to car top, accessories and any thing else you can add to the mix. So far I like it better than the hobie proangler because of weight for loading. Thanks for you help and looking forward to comments.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Native Watercraft

Hi tiger2,

I have not fished the Native Watercraft Propel but have evaluated them in preparation of maybe buying one. The hull bottom has an excellent design that should make it very stable. I liked the trolling motor model but both models look good. The prop design of the paddle model may be more efficient than the Hobbie style of paddles.

The one negative that I saw is that both the Propel and Volt models stick pretty far below the bottom of the boat when in position. You will loose some of the shallow water ability with the motor or prop in the water. That is not all bad because for the times you want to fish really skinny water you can use the paddle. I think they are a great design and would work in a lot of different fishing venues.

You can easily remove the Propel system if you want to lighten the boat for loading. The Ultimate 14.5 only weighs 68lbs so that shouldn't be that hard to load.

Frank

Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 Propel
Click the image to open in full size.

Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 Volt
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

tiger2: I agree with Frank, I like this design much better than the Hobie Proangler primarily due to the massive reduction in weight. The 12 ft model weighs 55 lbs and the 14.5 ft model weighs 65 lbs, I think that would be much easier to load/unload.

Larry

Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

I have a Native Marvel 12 and although I havenít fly fished from it, I have bait fished from it and i absolutely love it.