The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough
Default Good day at the fly shop

Well I dragged family to the fly shop today to give them ideas for Christmas gifts for me. I know that a pair of Simms G3 waders and Rivershed boots left the store in my mom's car and possibly a new Fishpond pack. Since I won't have my hands on those until Christmas I had to buy something for myself as well so I picked up a Brodin Gallatin Net. All and all it was a very good day
Tuck
Old 12-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good day at the fly shop

Tuck: Sounds like you did have a good day at the fly shop! You should be in good shape for fishing after xmas, you can't go wroing with Simms and Fishpond gear.

Larry
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 PM

Yea now the hard part is trying to wait until Christmas to use them. I have been wearing the same pair of Reddington waders for around 10 years and they have started to take on some water so the waders are much needed. I have had my eye on the Simms for quite some time so I am pretty excited.
Tuck
Old 12-06-2009, 12:19 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the Rivershed boots this year, and OH MAN! They're nice!!! They
felt a bit stiff on the first few outings, but quickly wore in to a glove like
fit. It might be worth mentioning that my previous boots were the heel and
separate bottom sole type. The large flat bottom of the Rivershed felt good
and bad at first, and walking over scattered baseball size rocks was strange.
That went away quickly as well, so if you experience any of this, just go
fishing a few extra times.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Tuck,

You will like the waders, I have a pair but have only had them a few months. I will give them the test this spring and maybe a few trips down the Peninsula if the weather mellows enough to fish it.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great Xmas present...the G3 are top wadersthe best I've ever had
Old 12-06-2009, 09:31 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Someone is really gonna have a great Christmas!

MP
Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 PM

Frank,
I am glad to hear that you like your Riversheds. To be honest I almost did not buy them because of how stiff they felt. I am glad to hear that they loosen up some with wear. Walking around the store they weren't really comfortable but the ankle support is what sold me on them. Look forward to trying them out. Will definitely be interested in seeing how the Vibram soles feel compared to felt.
Tuck
Old 12-06-2009, 10:35 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Tuck! You just reminded me about why I bought another pair of boots: my
ankles were getting sore. The Riversheds solved that issue so well, I completely forgot!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 AM

tonysav is on a distinguished road

you lucky guy.