The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 03:17 AM

katorade is on a distinguished road
Default Cliffs bugger box

Is it worth the money for one I will be musky fishing and need some big flies and lots of room.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cliffs bugger box

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
Is it worth the money for one I will be musky fishing and need some big flies and lots of room.

Thanks
Ask yourself these questions? Is a $30 to $40 fly box worth it to protect hundreds of dollars of flies? Is it worth it to protect the one fly that can help you catch the musky of a lifetime? If you tied the flies, is it worth it to protect the time and effort you put into tying them?

Cliff's Bugger Beast Box should have enough room for Musky flies.

Other boxes to look at is the Fly Fitters Ontario or Superior boxes. You can get them through specialty shops like Bear's Den. I don't own any of these, but I plan on putting all my Striped Bass flies and Tarpon flies in Ontario boxes and all my Baja California flies in a Superior box.

MP
Old 12-27-2009, 07:14 PM

Thanks
It is well worth it. I will be getting a Cliffs bugger box don't know which one yet.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I've got a Bugger Barn and love it, but I'm not sure its big enough for surface musky flies. I've got mine fairly full, mostly with streamers, and have to carefully place the poppers to make sure it will close and that stuff doesn't get squashed too much. If you're going to have lots of stuff like those below, I'd stay away from the Bugger Barn.
Click the image to open in full size.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:41 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
I've got a Bugger Barn and love it, but I'm not sure its big enough for surface musky flies. I've got mine fairly full, mostly with streamers, and have to carefully place the poppers to make sure it will close and that stuff doesn't get squashed too much. If you're going to have lots of stuff like those below, I'd stay away from the Bugger Barn.
C'mon Cliff... admit it! You have a vested interest in these 'Cliff' boxes!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

While they do obviously appeal to me, I'm not making a nickel off them.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Scott Kessler is on a distinguished road

I've used Cliff's Bugger Beast for my Musky and Pike flies since they hit the market. I've been very pleased with them and have no problem recommending them. There is plenty of room. The flies don't get damaged and the blue foam holds them in place.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough

I do believe that I will have to pick up one of these bugger barns. Looks like a great box.
Tuck
Old 12-28-2009, 07:19 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM

Seeing a box full of flies, is one of the cool things that I see, I cannot explain why I like looking at them so much.