The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:08 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default question for the ones with Fishpond packs

im sure some of you all have the fishpond packs like the high Country pack if the backpack comes off? i havent had a chace to look at one and was lookin at them online and look like great packs....but would be really nice if the backpack wasnt needed that it could be taken off and the shoulder straps still used
Old 01-28-2010, 05:14 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: question for the ones with Fishpond packs

do you have a link to where we can see one?

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

here is the link for the high country off of the Fishpond wensite...it looks like it does but i cant tell from the pic

Fishpond USA - HIGH COUNTRY TECH PACK
Old 01-28-2010, 05:46 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the link Luke. This statement in the ad tells me they do come apart...
The two components can be worn together or separately, so you decide how much gear to carry.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:02 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

While I'm generally a vest kinda guy, looking thru the designs I like the look of that Double Haul pack. Not as much bulk in front as the first one in your link.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
While I'm generally a vest kinda guy, looking thru the designs I like the look of that Double Haul pack. Not as much bulk in front as the first one in your link.
yea seems kind of bulky but i do like the center packs like that cause i can open them and sit my rod on it and retie a tippet or fly and not have to get the rod in the water or drop it or anything like that...i know that pack comes apart where you can use the front pack only but its with a neck strap and im not sure how much i would like that...thats why i was askin if just the backpack part came off and the shoulder straps stay on it...i have a cheap cabelas pack that i have had for quite a few years and thats how it is and it works really good like that...jsut not designed very well in my opinion thats the main reason i was wondering...ill have to look at one of them the next time im at the fly shop
Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 PM

take a look at this one Luke

Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 PM

yea i have seen that one too but really like the Fishpond packs...also looking at the William Joseph packs as well...hopefully the local fly shop has both for me to check out