The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Great deal if you're interested...

I wade too clumsily to use these, but they could be great for wet wading if you dare. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...e-For-Men.html $28 is a heck of a deal for any Simms footwear. They've got a pretty good run of sizes too, whole sizes in 6-13. (at time of this post)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great deal if you're interested...

NO WAY MAN. Got to have to toe protection! Not apposed to sandals, but got to have toe protection. In fact I am thinking steel toed wading boots.LOL not to mention shin guards. LOL
Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I'm with you on the toe protection. Saying that I wade too aggressively might be more accurate than I wade too clumsily. If I wore sandals on my favorite stretch of river in this state, I would probably come back with 7 functional toes and a nasty infection. That river has a limestone bed with channels cut into it that vary from 6" to 2' deep. Won't wear anything but my all leather guide boots in there.

Just thought I'd throw the deal out there, as I've heard lots talk of wading in sandals.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:48 PM

kayakcruser is on a distinguished road

that makes me so made if would have known about that i would not have hade to pay so much money for my orvis fly rod!!!!!!

peacock hackle- $4.99

catching a fish on your own fly- priceless
Old 08-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcruser
that makes me so made if would have known about that i would not have hade to pay so much money for my orvis fly rod!!!!!!
Ah come on, you got a great rod for a killer price ($98.) I don't think you could find another rod with action for that price. However, I gotta say it, for $50. more you could have got one with a life time warranty (TFO).
Remember, that Streamline, has no warranty.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I have a pair of these that I picked up at the Springflied, Mo Cabelas Bargain Barn for about $20. I only use them for water play not wading. If I wet wade I usually use my Chota's or Keen's H2. The H2 are really nice for wet wading because there like a sandel but are closed toed for protection.

Sierra Trading Post has some great deals on a lot of things. You just have to watch and wait 'til something comes up that you need. The Streamline is a great beginners rod. The next time you want to upgrade your rod check with Steve Robbins of The Full Creel Fly Shop. He has a 21 day trial period where you can try return the rod if it is not what you were looking for. Free shipping over $100 and Steve is great to purchase stuff from.

Hope this helps.
Later,
Terry