The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 11:11 PM

dusty h is on a distinguished road
Default Fishpond High Country Tech Pack VS. Columbia Henry's Fork IC pack

I was looking to get the Fishpond High Country tech pack and when I stopped at Sportsman's to take a look at it I walked across the Columbia Henry's Fork IC pack which looked really nice. Ive had fishpond stuff in the past so I know its good quality but the Columbia pack actually fit really nice and I also liked the fact that it had rubberized bottoms to keep your stuff dry. They didnt have the Fishpond pack so I wasnt able to try it on or see the true size of it. Does anyone have either of these packs? If so what do you like and dislike about them?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM

dusty h is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishpond High Country Tech Pack VS. Columbia Henry's Fork IC pack

Went with the Columbia Henry's Fork. Used it for the first time the other day and must say im glad that i went with the columbia, the main reason I decided to go with the CHF was because of the rubberized bottoms on both the chest pack and backpack. Was wading around in some deeper water the other day and that feature alone paid off. The thing that pushed me away from the fishpond as well was the size of the backpack portion which was actually quite small. On the columbia pack the backpack can be unzipped to extend the compartment and allow for much more storage space for those long day trips with more gear. I do wish the chest pack's storage compartments where set up a little differently but overall im extremely happy with the purchase.