The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 08:30 PM

LoneFlinger will become famous soon enoughLoneFlinger will become famous soon enough
Default What's on your lanyard?

or do you even have one? I've got half a mind to ditch about 3/4 of the **** i routinely haul around... to be a 'flyfishing guerilla' as Geirach puts it.

I've got stuff i could put together for 8-10$ total, but am looking for neat 'features'. I like the wine-cork fly-dryer, but can't think of much else, other than the generic swivels...

any ideas?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's on your lanyard?

On mine I have the floatant, nippers on a ruler zipka, forcepts, split shot dispencer. On my landyard there are release clips for the forcepts and the nippers.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

LoneFlinger,
I put the same as Joni on my except for the measuring tape. I've been trying the 'flyfishing guerilla' thing as well.

I already have what you need made up. I will try to post a picture tonight of one or two styles that I have made. All of them include wine corks and soon Bamboo for some Bamboo rod makers I know. I've also have added a tippet holder to some of my as well that is just as good as the plastic ones you can buy for about $10. The cost for a lanyard can cost anywhere from $25 to $200. Mine are not that expensive and can do the job just as well as any of them.

Here are some of the novelty lanyards that I have made for friends so far:

Click the image to open in full size.

Good Luck Lanyard Knot...

I will try to post some other examples tonight.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry
Old 10-02-2006, 03:58 PM

LoneFlinger will become famous soon enoughLoneFlinger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight
LoneFlinger,
I put the same as Joni on my except for the measuring tape. I've been trying the 'flyfishing guerilla' thing as well.

I already have what you need made up. I will try to post a picture tonight of one or two styles that I have made. All of them include wine corks and soon Bamboo for some Bamboo rod makers I know. I've also have added a tippet holder to some of my as well that is just as good as the plastic ones you can buy for about $10. The cost for a lanyard can cost anywhere from $25 to $200. Mine are not that expensive and can do the job just as well as any of them.

Here are some of the novelty lanyards that I have made for friends so far:

Good Luck Lanyard Knot...

I will try to post some other examples tonight.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry
Terry,

yours were the lanyards i'd seen. I like the 'good luck lanyard knot'. pretty cool. are there lanyard-friendly zingers? i might go that route.

Thanks!

lf
Old 10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Prospecting for Trout

I'm not sure what you mean "are there lanyard-friendly zingers?" The ones I'm thinking of are kind of high priced:

http://www.gearkeeper.com/

I'm getting some pictures together now and will post them later tonight.
Later,
Terry
Old 10-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Prospecting for Trout

LoneFlinger,
Here are some pictures of some of new lanyards I have made. If you see anything that your interested in please let me know.
Thanks,
Terry

Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 AM

BruceN is on a distinguished road

I gotta stick with the traditional vest, I have way too many essentials to be able to work with just a lanyard. You know - pipe, tobacco pouch, lighter, tamper, hip flask, bottle opener - all the essential fishing gear...

Bruce
Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ya, I forgot about the wine cork hook dryer. In fact I had a client that noticed it and he was a wine distribultor, so when done, he handed me a tip and a 12 yr old bottle of Arrowood Cabernet. That one really paid off.
In the Fall / Winter I add a small fly box also.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni
there's a 'lanyard friendly' zinger.... all of the zingers i've seen are the pin-on variety.

the gearkeeper looks cool, but yow they are expensive.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFlinger
there's a 'lanyard friendly' zinger.... all of the zingers i've seen are the pin-on variety.the gearkeeper looks cool, but yow they are expensive.
Not when your Brother In-Law works next door to the manufacturer
Plus, you only need to buy one in a life time.
No difference than the new Zero Gravity I just got