The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 06:17 PM

smoky_hiker will become famous soon enough
Default Inexpensive Wader options..?

I work two jobs and I don't have much time to fish anymore So I cant justify spending any more than $100 (tops) for a pair of waders. Has anyone had any experience with either of the following:

White River Fly Shop (Bass Pro)
Dogwood Canyon Breathable Stocking Foot Wader

Field & Stream (Dicks Sporting Goods)
Sportsman Breathable Stocking Foot Wader

If anyone has had experience with other lesser expensive waders that would be helpful as well. Thanks.

Kevin

"In the school of the outdoors there never is a graduation day" - Jim Casada
Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: Inexpensive Wader options..?

I've upgraded now but still have my cheap bass pro waders, they leaked after one season. I aquasealed all the seams and no leaks.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

i have the field n stream waders and they leaked after one season but i took them back to dicks and they replaced them right there.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

ive owned the bean emerger waders and imo the best bang for your buck out there. plus rock solid lifetime guarantee.
Breathable: Fishing at L.L.Bean

casey

ARFE
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

I've got some cabelas bootfoot waders, and have nothign to complain about. They aren't breathable or very warm, and look a bit on the goofy side but for $60 or so, they can't be beat. If I plan on wading a bunch here on out I might look at some better ones but for now they are perfect.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

I bought Cabela's Bluestream out of the bargain cave. Marked "soiled". Not a thing wrong with them. Got them for 50 or 60 bucks. Breathable's to boot!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for Cabelas
Over the years I've owned at least 6 different pairs from them
You won't be disappointed
Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

I also have a pair of the LL Bean Emerger Stockingfoot waders and I love them. Lifetime guarantee. I've taken some nasty falls on rocks and they hold up very good. Wish I did after those falls! You won't be disappointed with these.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 PM

Waterborne has a spectacular aura aboutWaterborne has a spectacular aura about

I recently purchased a pair of these. Only used them once but they worked as designed.

Redington Wayfarer Stockingfoot Waders $78.70
Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
I recently purchased a pair of these. Only used them once but they worked as designed.

Redington Wayfarer Stockingfoot Waders $78.70
I love Sierra Trading Post. Great stuff at great prices. I keep saying it but I'm not sure how much it gets listened to.