The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Creek Company ODC 420 vs. Fish Cat 4 LCS?

i like the foam seat on the outcast myself.

casey

ARFE
Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I have a cumberland, my buddy has a fishcat, he hates the stripping net, and the lack of a rod out front to keep the tube from closing in on you. He is in the process of selling his fish cat to get a cumberland. I thought I would throw this in there, as I really like my cumberland, and while the foam seat takes a few outings to break in it is a superb float tube and can be gotten for $200 or less.

Dave
Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 AM

bugman53 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Martin....the trouble with all this, of course, is finding an outlet that has both products side by side "on the showroom floor", so to speak and being able to compare. Thanks to all for your remarks here!

Dennis
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Just thought I would clarify, while my buddy does not like the stripping net, he does like the fishcat for the most part. He didhave an issue with a bladder springing a leak, he called up, and a new tube was sent he had it in a couple days. You cant beat that kind of customer service. I have a couple creek company items I have purchased over the years, and can not complain about the quality. I personally like having a bar in front to prevent the tube from closing up, but CC has a patented strap system (i have it on my uboat) that also works to prevent this. As said above, ideally, comparing side by side is the best method. Best of luck in your search and decision.

d