The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 AM

rschreck will become famous soon enoughrschreck will become famous soon enough
Default Chest pocket on waders.

Is it just a matter of personal preference? I figure if you are wearing a vest, you really can't access them anyways right? Am I missing something?

I don't want to buy a pair without pockets if it's something that can be useful.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chest pocket on waders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschreck View Post
Is it just a matter of personal preference?
Okay, I will bite. It can be a personal preference.

Quote:
I figure if you are wearing a vest, you really can't access them anyways right?
Your vest can get in the way.

Quote:
Am I missing something?
Anything that you need quick access will be in your vest. You can use the chest pockets for things that you will not need quick access to like cell phone, wallet, keys, spare zip lock bags...

Quote:
I don't want to buy a pair without pockets if it's something that can be useful.
I stopped using vests a long time ago. I find the pockets to be handy.

Dennis
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I carry everything I need in the pcket of my waders, tippet, fly box etc.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

The simms waders I have have 4 chest pockets, a place to attach your hemo's and a fly patch. You could go without a vest. My son in laws redingtons have the 4 chest pockets plus one inside pocket. I like having the pockets but they are not waterproof so I use waterproof cases for the phone and camera.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I have a set of Orvis Enduras with the interior pocket. I use it specifically for my wallet, license(s) and keys. I usually put them in a ziploc bag in case I take a dunk. In some rare cases, the cell phone goes with me, which demands a double or triple bag.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

It is a matter of preference. In the summer months I prefer to use a small chest pack and will also use the pocket on my waders to carry a couple of bulky waterproof items that do not fit into the chest pack.
In the winter time I go with the vest since it does provide another insulating layer.