The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Products

Very good to know, Thanks JP.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

If like me you've got a small car...and you often go from one spot to another...here's a good rod carrier.Simple,not expensive,easy to use,doesn't take room when taken into pieces(you can put the little box under a seat or in a corner of your boot)I tested it for a week in Austria( was lucky the cow didn't jump on it!!!) and been using it here for a while...very praticle.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
I'm gonna throw a new category out there: waterproof phone pouches

I've got one of these, called a "Dry Pak", and I couldn't be happier with it.

(I use mine without the neck lanyard)

It slides into my butt pack alongside my fly boxes, you can work a touchscreen through to plastic, and mine has never leaked, despite being submerged multiple times. I can't say that about other pouches I've spent more than twice as much for.

Best part? Its about $10. Found mine at Academy.

I keep my fishing license in it all the time, and it sits underneath the phone in the pouch.
Can you hear to talk on the phone without taking it out of the pouch??

Dave
Old 08-30-2011, 04:13 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Can you hear to talk on the phone without taking it out of the pouch??

Dave
I certainly hope not, Dave. The last thing we need is for more "convenient" and easier use of a cell phone while on the river!

Last weekend I was clopping along a river it was getting hotter and I was getting tired and I kept running into more people in a place I hardly never used to see people...but it wasn't until I came upon the guy standing on a log jam, "fishing" this absolutely beautiful hole one handed while his cell phone was tucked between his shoulder and ear! I wished he had taken a swim. I cannot stand it at all.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I certainly hope not, Dave. The last thing we need is for more "convenient" and easier use of a cell phone while on the river!

Last weekend I was clopping along a river it was getting hotter and I was getting tired and I kept running into more people in a place I hardly never used to see people...but it wasn't until I came upon the guy standing on a log jam, "fishing" this absolutely beautiful hole one handed while his cell phone was tucked between his shoulder and ear! I wished he had taken a swim. I cannot stand it at all.
Dean

I agree with being frustrated when hearing a cell ring on the water because it's usually mine. But some of us have no choice and our jobs demand a cell phone at all times (even when on vacation). But as a side note: If I ever call someone just to visit while you and I are fishing, you have my permission to take the phone and slap me on the face. After I get up off the ground I will probably thank you.

Dave
Old 08-30-2011, 05:55 PM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

I finally ordered a Brodin net after giving a hard time to a bow that I netted with my traditional net several days ago. The poor fish was stuck in my net because the hook and the net was tangled. The fish was released unharmed. But getting the hook out of the net was a challenge. I still do not understand why pinched barbed hooks are still stuck on the net.

I hope that Brodin will help me C and R.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:26 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
That's exactly what Joni did on her large net. Got rid of the green string net and put the Brodin on. All by herself.
Brodin, proudly made in the U.S.A.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
That's exactly what Joni did on her large net. Got rid of the green string net and put the Brodin on. All by herself.
Brodin, proudly made in the U.S.A.
I think the Brodin nets are made in Purto Rico

Dave
Old 08-30-2011, 08:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I've had to cut hooks out of my old net... You would have to not only pinch the barb but then file it down in order to prevent it from snagging on string net material. I still want a Brodin.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:32 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I think the Brodin nets are made in Purto Rico

Dave
Ah, but we talkin' the replacement basket. Puerto Rico is the 52nd state I'm told.