The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default About Fishcat Pontoon Boats;

I have commented several times in posts about owning two pontoon boats made by Outcast that carry the Fishcat name. I have always enjoyed owning / using them and this spring when getting them assembled I discovered a leak in one pontoon on each boat.

One is a thirteen foot two man and the other a solo called the Cougar. I took the pontoons to the raft shop in Anchorage last Monday and got them back today (Saturday) at no charge!

Seems that they have an outstanding 5 year warranty and the shop put "new" air bladders and valves in both!

So I would say that if you are looking for a raft, buy from a raft shop and get one with an Outcast type warranty. It took three seasons before I had any trouble but it was great not to get a bill for several hundred dollars on them today.

Ard

P.S. This is not to say that Buck's Boats and all the other brands out there will not work for you but simply to point out that when a problem arises it's nice not to be going to Cabelas or Sportsman's Wearhouse with the problem.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Fishcat Pontoon Boats;

Ard: That is certainly nice to know that Fishcat has such an outstanding waranty!

Larry
Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Larry,

This was something that was on my mind since we had a member posting about having trouble with valves on a raft. The boats that I have were expensive at $800 for the Cougar and $1900 for the 13' but they are really well made and now I know that for almost three more years I have no worries.

I had looked at boats at Sportsman's Wearhouse ever since I moved here and darn near bought one there. Then one day we walked into Alaska Raft & Kayak and when I saw the 13's I knew that was the way to go. You can either carry a passenger up front who even has a safety rail for standing up while casting, or strip out the front seat and turn the whole front into cargo room for the long haul. I picked up the Cougar so we could take two people, the dog, gear, the works.

These are great to have when we get company from down south who want to take a float too. Watching someone learn to control the little one is always fun.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Outcast and Fishcat are owned by Aire Inflatables, one of the major players in the whitewater rafting industry. They share the same technologies.

Several years back, I sent Outcast the cover to my Super Fatcat float tube. The stitching was coming apart. A week and a half later, I received my repaired float tube cover. I was not charged for any services. I have had that float tube since 2001. It still sees a lot of use.

I won't use any other inflatable than an Outcast.

MP