The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 11:44 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

Just ordered the new Devils Canyon boot from Korkers. Can't wait to get them in!! I'll post up some reports/reviews
Old 01-18-2014, 10:13 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Just ordered the new Devils Canyon boot from Korkers. Can't wait to get them in!! I'll post up some reports/reviews
I just bought a pair of those yesterday, and some AlumiTrax aluminum bar soles. They are extremely light and comfortable. The Stealth II soles looked great too, but the boots already came standard with a set each of felt and sticky rubber, and I didn't want to pay even more. The Korkers sales rep said the sticky rubber was originally designed for mountain climbing and isn't really that reliable in the water.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

I actually went without the felt and got the studded as the second option.

As far as the rubber made for water...I dunno. I've been using korkers for a couple of years now and have never had a problem with them in the water. If it wasn't for icy/snowy banks, I'd have no need for the studded
Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Are there any good wading boots that are still made in the USA? I had thought Danner made some, but I can't seem to find them. ??
Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 AM

meadballs has a spectacular aura aboutmeadballs has a spectacular aura about

Dont overlook cabelas new guidewear boots. Great product. Easy to get in. And out of.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:46 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

I picked up a pair of the Simms Rivertread Guide Boots. I could not find Danners. I guess they are discontinued and my old ones are way beyond help. For $149, they seemed like decent boots, but there was a big surprise for me... The Simms waders are made in MT, but the wading boots are from fracking China.... Bummer. If I've overlooked a US boot maker, please someone let me know and I will send these back.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 AM

fredy is on a distinguished road

My buddy rocks the Cabelas gear. The wading boots are covered under the "lifetime" warranty and the waders only have a 2 yr warranty. His stuff never lasts more than a 1 1/2 yrs. so they send him new stuff all the time.

Fredy
Old 02-20-2014, 10:57 AM

jtbgator is on a distinguished road

I just picked up the newest Simms line, the Vapor boot.

Vapor Boot - Simms Fishing Products

A new lightweight, fast & minimal wading boot with a synthetic leather, textile & scratch rubber upper
Simmsí NEW lightweight: VaporTreadô platform for an engineered balance of fast hiking & wading performance.
Anatomical top line at collar for all-day hiking. Partially-lined with neoprene for wading warmth, cushioning & easy-on/easy-off.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbgator View Post
I just picked up the newest Simms line, the Vapor boot.

Vapor Boot - Simms Fishing Products

A new lightweight, fast & minimal wading boot with a synthetic leather, textile & scratch rubber upper
Simmsí NEW lightweight: VaporTreadô platform for an engineered balance of fast hiking & wading performance.
Anatomical top line at collar for all-day hiking. Partially-lined with neoprene for wading warmth, cushioning & easy-on/easy-off.
I'm looking hard at these, just got back from my first fishing trip since Fall and my dang toes are killing me... Kept getting jammed into the toe box of my Simms Guide boots! Anyone experience shrinkage with these? I wear an 11 shoe, have my boots in a 12. Was wearing really thin socks in the afternoon, too, so I know that's not the problem.

Very curious about the new Vapors... Also going to send my old L2s up to a shop in Bend, OR to have the (almost gone) felt replaced with the Vibram soles. Anyone have experience with these guys or anyone else who Simms recommends for the job?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:21 AM

stillwading will become famous soon enoughstillwading will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalker1013 View Post
Very curious about the new Vapors... Also going to send my old L2s up to a shop in Bend, OR to have the (almost gone) felt replaced with the Vibram soles. Anyone have experience with these guys or anyone else who Simms recommends for the job?
I picked up a pair of the Vapors a bit over a month ago, had been waiting to get a few more uses in before I gave any kind of review, but so far they've performed very, very well.

I usually put on a lot of miles when I go out, so I wanted something light and if possible something that felt more like a traditional hiking boot. the Vapors fit the bill here.

Actually the review by littledavid123 onWhich new boots? is pretty much exactly what I'd say about these boots as well.

I'd recommend them to anyone, just haven't had a lot of use yet so I can't speak to the durability, not that I really question it at all.